Happy Holidays Everyone!
Sunday, December 23rd, 2012
I just got back from a one-day trip to Chicago to see my awesome wife Kira Small sing with Martina McBride for the final show of her sold-out holiday tour. A tour-ending bus party ensued.
This was just a couple of days after a 4 day trip to Vladivostok, Russia with The Aristocrats. And that was just two days after my last show of the Dethklok tour in Atlanta, where an already-legendary post-show hang occurred.
And now I am all vodka’d out. I mean, really and truly, I’m toast. So this very brief holiday greeting is all I can muster, I’m afraid:
Thanks to EVERYONE who supported what I was up to this year. Whether it was a bass clinic, or my instructional DVD, or a duo show with Kira, or a show (or the new live album!) for The Aristocrats, or a Dethklok show…thank you. I can’t do what I do without your support. You literally make it possible. THANK YOU.
***passes out on laptop, iPhone timer set for 10:00am, 1/1/13***
The Aristocrats’ New Live DVD/CD “Boing, We’ll Do It Live!” Is Now OUT
Monday, December 10th, 2012
I’m home for 20 hours in between the end of the Dethklok tour (for me, anyway) and my trip to Vladivostok, Russia with The Aristocrats, which gives me just enough time to say:
1) December 10 is here, which means the new Aristocrats live DVD/CD “Boing, We’ll Do It Live! The Aristocrats At Alvas Showroom” is available to order right freakin’ now. No more pre-ordering. Just ordering and shipping and eventual speaker abusing. Hopefully you’ve seen the YouTube preview video by now. If not, you know, click here.
2) THANK YOU to everyone who came out to (and survived) the Dethklok shows. It was too much fun to even try and describe.
3) THANK YOU to the awesome dudes (and one gal) from Machine Head, All That Remains and The Black Dahlia Murder. They’re all awesome bands, and if you love metal but haven’t checked them out yet, you need to rectify that immediately.
4) I’m very tired but very grateful for all of this awesome musical activity.
5) Check out Doug Johns’ new CD, entitled “BLOMP”. It’s funky as shit.
Gotta go pack,